Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Complete

"...and you are complete in Him."
Colossians 2:10

What a thought too lofty to wrap my feeble brain around...in my frail, weak, and wretched state - in Christ - I am complete. There is nothing missing, I lack no good thing. I have all I've ever wanted, needed and desired in this man, Jesus of Nazareth. And yet there's a question that keeps nagging at the depth of my being, "Why should I have want for any other thing?" I am on a quest to find that which will satisfy the deep craving of my soul to be whole, and so many times I frantically look everywhere except the most obvious place - Jesus Christ. I am slowly and painfully finding that in my search for completeness, any garment (the approval of man, good works, wealth, reputation, worldly pleasures, etc.) other than His robes of righteousness will only leave me exposed and vulnerable. There is no need to look elsewhere for the only garment that truly fits...I no longer have to strive to fill in the empty places, the lacking parts, the cracks and crevices that I desperately hope no one will notice - He completes me, and this by His own good pleasure! There's something about arriving at the realization of this completeness in Christ that mere words cannot convey - It is a finished work that need not be repeated nor replicated. It is done, complete, all-sufficient. He has come and laid down His life, once and for all, that we may have this full, complete and abundant life in Him. My prayer now is that you, the Body of Christ, and I would live daily with the confidence of who we are in Him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am challenged and inspired by what God is doing in your heart, Amy. I wish you could write every day! :-D

9:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great and powerful truth here, Amy.

12:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home