Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I need one of these...

I ran across this blog post tonight and was very intrigued by the idea of having a "wailing wall" of sorts. I guess you don't need a specific "place" to do this, but sometimes I think it would help. By "this" I mean:

"This is our place where God is big enough: big enough to handle our anger, big enough to not be afraid of rage, of bitterness unleashed, of unrelenting sadness over the state of things. This is where we lay it all out and say, "Do you really want me? Because I come with this.” This is where we hope to hear, “Yes. And do you really want me? Because I come with this too.”
Sometimes, I wish I had a "place" to unleash all of the emotion that wells up inside. When she talked about breaking the plates, it brought me back to high school when I worked at a local family restaurant. After a really stressful night, a few of us would take the empty ketchup bottles back to the recycling room and smash them to pieces in the recycling bin. Somehow, the physical act of smashing those ketchup bottles relieved, at least for a moment, the stress brought on by a myriad of frustrations one can incur in the service industry. There were never enough ketchup bottles to go around. Sorry about the bunny trail...getting back to having a "place". I know that I can pour my heart out to the Lord anywhere (not always in a demonstrative way), but it's almost as if there would be something sacred about having a particular spot to meet with God in such an honestly raw way. It would be like having a place of remembrance, much like the altars built in the Old Testament. Generation after generation would be reminded of the goodness of God. Or maybe in my case it would be more like season after season I would be reminded of the goodness of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home