Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bittersweet

This morning as I was laying in my warm bed, dreading the thought of venturing out into the cold, my thoughts drifted to going home for Christmas. This is the first Christmas that I will spend without my friend Marian. As I began to reminisce over years past and all the special holidays we spent together, I crawled out of bed to grab the wool sweater that she gave me from Norway feeling that somehow that would comfort the ache in my heart from missing her. It's funny how such a festive and joyous time of year can also be so lonely in the absence of those we dearly love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home