Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Place of Privilege

I went out for coffee this morning with my friend Shelley, and she said something that was really profound to me - "It's a privilege that God would go to such great lengths to make you like Him." I think that most of the time, I have this romantic notion in my head that the refining process of God is supposed to be gentle, sweet, and easy, but in reality I'm finding it's more like the hot, unrelenting fires of hell. Sitting in the kiln of the Refiner doesn't really feel like a privilege right now, but when I take a moment to reflect on the finished work that will be done, I know that my friend is right. Every now and then I think about the beautification process that Esther had to go through before she was ever presented to King Xerxes. It sounds so glamourous and exciting, but I can't help but think that at times it had to be grueling, not quite the pampering day at the spa that I picture it being. I guess when it's all said and done, I'm thankful for the promise of what God is doing even though at the moment it feels really crappy - "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who will also do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home