Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Blog Tag

I've been tagged by Patsy - Here are the rules:

Blog these 5 items:

What is the total number of books you have ever owned?
What is the last book you bought?
What is the last book you read?
Name 5 books that mean a lot to you.
Tag 5 more people and pass it on!

Total number of books I've owned?
Wow, that's a tough one. I've always been a big reader and buying books is one of my weaknesses. I don't think I've ever left the Half Price Bookstore without making a purchase. I just packed 4 boxes of books (and I'm not done yet) plus I have some books in storage somewhere, so I would say a lot.

The last book I bought?
I think the last book I bought was "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller.

The last book I read?
I am currently reading "Power Evangelism" by John Wimber and just finished reading "The Quest for the Radical Middle" by Bill Johnson.

Five books that mean a lot to me?
This is also a tough one. It will be hard to narrow it down to just five, but I'll try.
1. The Pursuit of God - A.W. Tozer
2. A Chance to Die - Elisabeth Elliot
3. The City of Joy - Dominique Lapierre
4. Ruthless Trust - Brennan Manning
5. Bridal Intercession - Gary Weins

Others worth mentioning:
A Street in Marrakech - Elizabeth Warnock Fernea
The Way of the Heart - Henri Nouwen
The Sacred Romance and The Journey of Desire - John Eldridge
God's Smuggler - Brother Andrew
Broken Bangles - Hanifa Deen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home