Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Friday, July 08, 2005

A Much Needed Vacation...

Tomorrow I leave with a group of Bluerites for the Boundary Waters. I honestly cannot remember the last time I took a full week off of work. It will be great to get away and experience the beauty of God's creation. I'm used to camping - growing up, my family would camp each summer in the mountains of Colorado, but this is going to be extreme camping. We are carrying all of our gear with us for 5 days as we canoe around the Boundary Waters. There will be no showers, minimal change of clothing, and no deodorant. Sometimes I wonder what I've signed up for, but nevertheless, I am excited for the adventure that lies ahead.

Throughout the week, we will be studying the Sermon on the Mount, and communing with God, eachother, and nature. I am looking forward to getting away from all of the daily distractions that seem to vie for my attention and focus on God. As we all set out on this trip at different places in our lives, I am full of anticipation to see how God will meet us and bind us together as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Expect to hear many stories when I return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home