Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Lessons From the Wilderness Part 1

Each morning on the trip, before breakfast, we would spend some quiet time with the Lord. During this time, we would read through a portion of the Sermon on the Mount that would be discussed later in the day. We were also assigned one of the five senses, taking time to focus on our surroundings and allow God to speak to us through that particular sense. The first morning we used our sense of sight. Almost immediately, I noticed the reflection of the shoreline in the water. As I contemplated on the beauty of the water's reflection of nature, God began to reveal to my heart that we, like the water, reflect His glory and beauty, His character and nature. While the reflection in the water was never a perfectly clear image of the shoreline, there were times that it came close. Throughout the rest of the week, I paid close attention to the reflection of nature in the water. Sometimes I had difficulty seeing the reflection especially around the rapids. Other times, as the wind blew across the lake, the reflection was distorted, but nevertheless still there. As I studied the various types of reflections within the water, I found myself praying that God would allow my life to be a clear reflection of who He is. Perhaps the various conditions of the water can be compared to the various seasons of our lives. The reflection is always there, just not always as clear as we may like it to be. The good news is that we are constantly being transformed into His likeness. Each storm that rolls in, every rushing rapid that we find ourselves in midst of serves a purpose in this tranformational process. As we gaze upon our Creator with unveiled faces, we are becoming more and more like Him until the day we see His face.

"As for me, I will see your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness."
Psalm 17:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home