Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

There's a first time for everything...

Today I was pulled over for speeding on my way to work. For the first time in my life, I received a ticket for a traffic violation. I figured it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I was not expecting it to happen on my way to work! I've had friends tell me that if you start crying, there's a good chance that the cop will feel bad and let you off with a warning, but I'm not the type of person who can cry at the drop of a hat. If I tried, it would probably look fake and then he would give me a ticket for sure! Then, my boss told me today that if you're honest and admit that you were totally in the wrong, they'll let you off the hook. I tried to do that, but it didn't really work. I think he thought I was telling him to hurry up because I was late for work. The cop was really nice though. When he handed me the ticket, it almost seemed as if he was apologizing for having to give it to me. One thing I know for sure, I'm going to stick to the main roads from now on!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I was going 40 in a 30mph zone. The thing that stinks is that it's really hard to go any slower because a lot of the traffic on that road goes at least 35 and it's a long stretch with no stop signs or lights.

5:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,

Oh, I wish I had been there! I'm a cry baby, so maybe I could have helped you out there!
Glad the cop wasn't a jerk, though.

12:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home