Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Bangladesh Photos

I pulled out my pictures from Bangladesh today and thought I would share some of my favorites. I was a little worried about the quality because I had to scan them onto my computer, but I think they turned out pretty good.














This is a picture of a woman cleaning rice out on the dirty street.
















Coming down the stairs of the Parliament building one day, we heard this beautiful music coming magically out of nowhere. Once we reached the bottom and turned the corner, we saw this babytaxi driver playing the flute while waiting for a customer.

















This was taken in Kuhlna (the third largest city in Bangladesh).
















The first weekend I was in Bangladesh, we went to the village of Bolovpur to conduct a children's camp. I have a few pictures of this girl (yes, it is a girl) and this turned out to be one of my most favorite pictures. She has the most beautiful smile!






















And finally, my favorite picture of the entire trip. This was actually taken out of pure annoyance more than anything. While in Khulna, we were visiting the homes of women benefiting from the Community Development Project. This group of boys were following us very closely asking for their picture to be taken. Several pictures later, they were still calling out asking for more. A digital camera would have come in handy! Having a film camera, I was leary of taking another shot because I didn't want to waste anymore film. Finally, I turned around, snapped the shot, and told them no more. And it turned out to be the best one out of the lot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home