Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Kansas City Day 1

I love coming down to Kansas City...right now I am sitting in the Higher Grounds coffee shop drinking a really good cup of coffee. There's something about the atmosphere here that is so peaceful. I love that I can just sit and be...There is absolutely nothing vying for my time or attention, except the Lord.

On the way down, my friend Shelley and I talked about what we were expecting to get out of this weekend. I hadn't really put a whole lot of thought into what I was expecting God to do, but the more I think about it, I feel there is an urgency to allow God to soften my heart. I want to be able to receive more and more of His heart towards me and in turn, the more satisfied I am in His Love, the more I can pour out to others.

By the way it's supposed to get up to 63 degrees today!!! I'm wearing a t-shirt and loving it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home