Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Kansas City (more from day one)

I had a sweet moment with a staff member from the IHOP last night. She spent some time praying with me after the Encountering God service--in fact they shut the lights off while we were still praying...

She was praying that God would clothe me in His armor and I saw a picture of Christ cloaking me with Himself. He is the truth girded around me, my security; the righteousness that covers over my heart, covering over a multitude of sins; he is my salvation that guards my mind--my identity in Him; He is my peace, my sure foundation, I will not be shaken; He is the Living Word, sharp and active, ready to defend and battle on my behalf; He is the author and perfector of my faith, protecting me from the arrows of the enemy.

It was a powerful moment as I grasped the reality of how He longs to protect me and how safe I am in Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home