Who I am... Amy Ciske, Wife of Nick. Minneapolis Resident. Aspiring to one day reside in Southern Asia (which is closer than I ever imagined). Incredibly fond of Indian and Chinese food, reading, warm weather, music, traveling, and last but certainly not least...coffee!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Mrs. Nick Ciske

That is going to be my name...

Today, Nick popped the big question! It was the perfect day. I really wasn't expecting it to happen today because we had a lot to do to get ready for the Seder we were having at Bluer tonight. But he carved the time out to ask me to spend the rest of my life with him. It was absolutely perfect.

I love how God orchestrates life. Thus far, it has never turned out exactly like I expected it to...I know that He has great plans in store and I look forward to searching them out with Nick at my side. He really is a wonderful man, and I am so grateful that God has brought us together in order to experience just a shadow of what He has intended for His bride. I am so overwhelmed at this great mystery! I am having difficulty coming up with words to express the feelings that are in my heart. I think I am just beginning to experience a slight glimpse of the passion that Christ feels towards me, well as the response that belongs to Him. The more I experience, the more I am convinced that marriage is the ultimate metaphor for the reality of my relationship with the Lover the of my soul.

There will be pictures and more details to come...Nick had to stop to capture each moment of the day! Just one of the things that I love about him!

1 Comments:

Blogger KariBryant said...

I am so happy for you both! It is amazing to see how the Lord is workingin both of your lives...and for 2 people, who have HIM as their priority :)

The best advice given to me before I got married was this:

"You will fall in and out of love many many many times. When you fall out of love, it doesn't mean it's over. Those are the times you work hard, times that strengthen your love."

Congrats to you both!!!

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home